Monday, October 4, 2010

Cinnamon Bran Oatmeal

Okay....I was separating my rye flour from the granary in Watkinsville because my flour, while it's delicious granary milled flour...it's far too bran-filled to make pliable pie crust from (amazing crackers tho). So I separated it and had so much freaking bran left over....it was like 60 to 40 flour to bran.  So I decided to experiment...and I found this oatmeal yummy.


Cinnamon Bran Oatmeal


¾ cup rolled oats
1½ cups milk
2 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Rye or wheat bran
 
Cook it in a pot on the stove until all the water is absorbed and it is the consistency of oatmeal.  You can use instant oats...but I prefer fresh rolled oats...the kind I buy from the Granary.  


Anywho...this oatmeal is a basic milk oatmeal and when it's hot, the bran part of the oatmeal is quite delicious.  If you use rye bran...it will be sort of Rye flavored...albeit a flavor I love.  I don't know how you feel about it though...so that's why I added in wheat bran as an option.

Hopefully you will like it too and it will be an excellent source of fiber.

~Kyle S.~

No comments:

Post a Comment