Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cornbread Breakfast Casserole

I've been working on school stuff recently, so I was unable to post anything, but now I'm free to do so.  As you may know, the last post I made was soul food. and I made some killer soul food.  But I had a lot of left over cornbread, like about half a pan.  So I decided to make some breakfast casserole from it.


Cornbread Breakfast Casserole

½ a pan of cornbread cubed or 1½-2 cups cubed corn bread
1½ cups milk
2 eggs beaten into milk
1 tsp salt
2 strips of bacon chopped up
¼ Onion chopped up
¼-½ cup cheddar cheese shredded or match-sticks
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
Dash of all-spice
1 tsp mustard (optional)

First cut up the corn bread carefully place it in a chaffing dish or casserole dish.

Next cover with cheese.

Sautee onions, bacon/sausage, and spices. Add on top and pour over the milk and egg mixture.

Cook at 350 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before eating.


Huggsies!!!
Kyle

1 comment: