Friday, September 17, 2010

Brownies!!!

Ugh the past two days have been awful.  I had a test today in Spanish, a lab in Spanish, homework online, and a quiz for Educational Foundations....and yesterday I had to get tags renewed, do a lot of cleaning and much much more...I'm so glad I got to unwind tonight.  My roomie and his fiancee were over watching Tyler Perry's stage production of Madea Family Reunion and I cleaned up the kitchen.  We have a terrible problem with fruit flies so I decided after about 4 months...enough is enough...so I did some research and experimentation and got a huge old pretzel container and put a small bowl full of rice vinegar, sugar, water, a whole strawberry and lemon juice at the bottom.


Just to my luck it worked! I captured and released about 14 flies total.  It´s much more effective I've found than trying to squash them plus it's Hindu friendly.  So if you need to get rid of flies this tends to work really well.

But anywho...I asked half dead Lora (fiancee) what I should make to unwind and she didn't help much, but she did suggest cake.  So from here I decided to go onto making brownies! :D

Brownie Cake

5 Tbsp Butter
¾ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup cocoa powder
5/8 cup sugar
¾ tsp salt
2 eggs
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup milk
½ cup flour
¼ cup soy flour

Warm up the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

First Add the chocolate chips and butter into a medium-sized mixing bowl and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds.  Heat in twenty second intervals, stirring after every time you take it out.  Once the butter is barely melted add in the sugar and eggs. Beat them with a mixer until incorporated.  Next beat in milk.  Then add in the rest and beat well for about 2 minutes to remove lumps.

Now grease and flour a rectangular bread pan. 

Cook it for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick almost comes out clean.

Take out and eat! :D

Lora Approves! 



They were absolutely delicious, especially fresh!  They're a bit cakier than normal brownies so if you want them super fudgy then add in a bit more butter and milk and use a tiny bit less flour...but be careful.

Good Luck in the Kitchen!
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment