Monday, September 6, 2010

I Dreamed a Dream

I just woke up from the best dream ever. I was in this place where the people were amazingly nice and although it seemed a bit fishy at first I found out that they had a BEAUTIFUL garden where they had trees with every kind of fruit imaginable growing and stacked up around the garden, when you wanted them, every kind of ingredient imaginable. It was always changing depending on what you wanted. 

So I decided to make a few recipes from the ingredients readily available.  First I just looked around with about 10 other people.  There were insane amounts of everything stacked in baskets, boxes, and stands and such.  So I walked past my mom into a crevasse of stacked boxes only to find a beautiful box of stacked up truffles of all kinds.  So I decided to make my lobster paramount that I dreamed up long ago in a daydream.

First I went and got some fresh butter and melted it in a pan.  Then I added in some cream and salt.  Next some starch to thicken it, and the lastly some lobster to flavor it.  I grated a lot of white truffle in it with a bit of black too.   And then I grated on some white truffle on top.  The original was different...so...it's supposed to have bourbon and white cheddar too. Along with a couple chives on top.

Second time I felt like cooking I was talking to one of the people from the mansion and they were sad.  We were sitting in her room and she was refusing to talk to me and turning away from me.  This may have come from the other day when one of my friends did the same thing when I tried to hug him/her. So I decided to make the lady a cup of lemonade...but she said no thanks.  So I decided to make one for myself. 


I slowly walked to the other side of the room and looked out the window simply to find a light drizzle upon the beautiful citrus fruit landscaped garden.  My shoes of course came off and I stepped out into the falling rain and let it dance upon my skin.  But unlike normal rain I didn't feel it making me wet just massaging  my senses gently.  I walked over and picked grapefruits of all shapes and spotted a tangerine tree from across the small creek running through the garden.  I dashed across the flowerbed to find a few sad looking tangerines which I picked.  Next I moved on to pick some lemons and some yuzu fruit also when out of the corner of my eye I saw an unfamiliar fruit.  It was growing on a tall tree and had a very subtle, sweet strawberry watermelon taste.  I sliced some off and tasted it and decided to put it in my lemonade too.  The fruit oddly resembled a red pepper with very soft fruit-like skin and no pepper taste with thick juicy plum-like flesh.  It was glorious.


Lastly I dreamed that I was hanging out with the college minister and his wife in a pool with some guy and Meg Griffin from Family Guy. We were all watching a movie and she kept complaining about it...then I woke up...I was very confused because I think I may have been a woman for the last part....very odd... ¬_¬;

Anyway...apart from that I made Japanese tofu noodle soup and took a picture while Verdrick was eating it.


1/2 cup daikon wide matchsticks
1/2 - 1 cup bok choy or napa cabbage sliced against the grain
2 packages of tofu drained and dried, cut into cubes of rectangles and stir-fried with veggies
1-2 handfuls of rice vermicelli or other rice noodles uncooked
about 2 cups or more chicken stock
1 Tbsp Tian Mian Jiang
1/4 tsp fish sauce (optional)
2 tsp rice or white vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp Sake
salt to taste

Saute tofu and vegis (and sauces if desired at this point).  Once tofu starts to turn golden brown add the rice noodles and stock.  Finish by flavoring up and stirring to mix carefully! ENJOY! :D

Con Amor
El Descamisado Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment